I think the hardest thing about blogging and travelling is setting yourself the time to not to write, edit or post, but to put up with the slowest internet connections of life in the process. I did mean for this to go up on Sunday but when you end up on a bus that doesn’t speak English it’s a lot harder to figure out what the wifi password is. Any how, I thought it had been a while since I do a weekly recap and since I haven’t had much downtime at all lately I thought a good recap would suffice to sum up the main points.
- This sounds kind of bad considering I’m here at the moment but Germany hadn’t ever been on my list to travel while in Europe. We managed to get super cheap flights from the UK and hopes to escape the freezing weather in the meantime. Anyway, so far I’ve loved Germany – it’s clean, green and there’s so much to do.
- In Berlin we “visited” a closed down theme park called Spree and it was both insanely cool and creepy. One pair of ripped pants and ten bruises later, you got to see abandoned rides, overgrown structures and a Ferris wheel that spins on its own.
- Yesterday in Cologne we sat all day in the park, drinking beer and people watching. I think it’s the first time when I felt like I was actually on holiday since Croatia.
- The heat in Germany > UK.
- Podcasts have been a savour while travelling so many long hours via bus and plane. My favourite one lately is Serial which covers “one story, week by week” on a crime case. It’s a must listen if you’re into that.
- & Other Stories store because it’s bloody amazing.
- The kindest of strangers. E.g. Ones that let you stay at their house when you can’t get a train home after going out.
- I probably plug this waaay too much but it’s only because if you want to see up to date posts, this is what I update the most. My Snapchat name is KENDRAALEXANDRA.
- Travelling too many hours.
- Wasting money on dumb shit.
- On going sickness. Like, two months long.